Saturday, March 3, 2018

Scientists uncover genetic evidence that 'we are what we eat

Alexander Plaza

University of Oxford. "Scientists uncover genetic evidence that 'we are what we eat'." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 15 November 2016. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161115111720.htm>.

Grace, I read your review of “Scientists uncover genetic evidence that 'we are what we eat"by the University of Oxford and I thought that you did a good job. I thought that you did a good job at summarizing the article. I was not confused about your subject. This is good for the readers since it creates a firm base for the rest of your review. Also, it is good that your summary is brief. It does not bore the reader with useless information and you are able to move to the main point of your review quicker. Finally, I like that your connection is meaningful. You connect the application of studying the food we eat on treating diseases. You also connect it to GMO’s which is a debated current topic. Your connections provide interest for the reader.
Although your article was good, there are some areas that you could improve in. First, I think you should include more quotes from the experts in the study. You critique the article saying that there were many quotes from the researcher so there should be one that stood out. it would be helpful for the reader to get a direct link to the research through a quote.Also, I believe that you could improve some minor grammatical errors. For example you could capitalize the “I” at the end of your critique paragraph. This would stop the reader’s attention from being drawn away from the content of the review.

Overall I enjoyed your review and I was intrigued by the subject matter. I agree that this could be a very important breakthrough in the way we look at our food and our bodies together. It will be interesting to see how scientists continue with this new information and if we take a closer look at GMO’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment